Lion Cubs for Sale
Being the largest cat in the world, Lions or Panthera Leo are large carnivorous animals. The males adorn a thick and heavy mane around their neck and head with tufted tail and short tawny-colored coats.
The male lions typically grow to a height of 4 feet and 5-8 feet in length. They can weigh from about 330-500 pounds. However, the female lions are smaller than the males and can weigh between 275-400 pounds. When in captivity, lions can live for 30 years and 10-14 years in the wild.
Native to Northwest India and Africa, their habitat is open woodlands and open grasslands. And can sprint for a speed of 50 miles per hour.
Lion cubs, when born, are blind and helpless with a spotted coat. For about two months, the cubs live off exclusively on their mother’s milk before starting to eat the kills of their mother. They mature at the age of 2. Before becoming independent, they begin to accompany their mother for hunts at six weeks old but do not start hunting themselves until they’re 11 months old.
By 15 months old, the lion cubs start killing their prey and tearing the meat apart without their mother’s help. Lion cubs grow to be active and go hunting during the day but usually prefer to hunt at night. They mostly eat both small and large meat. Adult lions can even hunt an elephant when there are no other preys to hunt.
African lion cubs for sale are usually in captivity. In such scenarios, cages about 15 feet deep, 20 feet wide, and 16 feet high on the sides- should be availed. It should be of heavy gauge wire. Inside the cage, there needs to be a shift cage of about 8ft by 8ft to put them in while cleaning.
You can have ledges and platforms to be made as a resting spot for them. A large log for scratching their backs can be a great addition as well.
When looking for lion cubs for sale, it is equally important to look for vaccinations that will be required. Vaccinations against rhinotracheitis, feline panleukopenia, and calicivirus are vital for the young cub at home. Fecal examinations to be done twice a year for checking internal parasites are also part of the process.
You should follow a regular review of the lion cub’s teeth as well. And these dental visits will become frequent as they start getting older.
Lions for sale are usually from private breeders and at exotic animal auctions. Before going on ‘baby lion cubs for sales’ and buying one, it is essential to check through your city and state regulations on breeding lions. You may also need to get permission and license to breed lion cubs. And again, get the lion cub’s cage built, stock their food supply, and ensure for a veterinarian who can come to check on your lion cubs.
Although lion cubs are cute, they don’t always remain so when they’ve become adults. They are wild animals and do carry the instinct to kill when provoked. Therefore, you should be fully aware and alert while handling and rearing them.
Can you buy a lion cub?
Can you buy a lion cub? Many people are often doubtful about it in their heads, but the answer is “yes.” It is legal for anyone to own lion cubs, provided they follow all the rules. Although, how you buy an African lion cub can differ according to your country.
In 2013, foreign law specialists did a survey in twenty-one nations for their traditional approaches regarding big cats like the lion cubs as pets. Twelve countries had national-level legislation explicitly prohibiting the buying of big cats. And these legislations came from each country’s animal welfare laws and wildlife protection.
To know whether you can buy a lion cub in your country- Let’s look further into the surveyed countries regarding the buy of lion cubs.
- It is not permitted in Austria to keep lion cubs or any big cat species anywhere other than qualified zoos. And by eligible zoos, it means those at the municipal level nulling any private ownership.
- In China, to breed big cats like lion cubs in captivity, state wildlife management authority’s licenses are mandatory. But, can you buy a lion cub? No!
- In Canada, buying lion cubs is not permitted, except for Ontario.
- In Denmark, people cannot buy any animal species that pose a danger or are challenging to keep in a friendly animal-welfare manner. Right, so can you buy a lion cub? No!
- In Brazil, to keep lion cubs, specific regulations are required to be met. Registration with the Brazilian Institute for the Environment and Natural Renewable Resources is needed. So, can you buy a lion cub? No!
- In Mexico, lion cubs are allowed for private possession but must register with their environmental authorities. The owners are also subject to the government’s guidelines in doing so.
- People can buy lion cubs in England. However, having a specific animal’s license in captivity is required.
- In Greece, it is illegal to buy or keep lion cubs as household pets.
- In India, buying lion cubs is prohibited. Exception for people who owned lions before the commencement of the wildlife protection law, enacted in 1972. So, can you buy a lion cub in India? Find out how you can bypass certain rules and buy a lion cub for sale in India here.
- In Russia, keeping and releasing lion cubs need permits from the federal authorities responsible for environmental protection.
- In Japan, the prefectural governor’s permit is a must for anyone who wants to own a big cat. Can you buy a lion cub? The answer is NO. People are allowed to take care of these animals but cannot purchase them.
- In South Africa, the lion cubs are a ‘vulnerable species.’ So, people are not allowed to buy them. There are ways you can buy lions cubs for sale south Africa which you can have a read on our blog.
- In Malaysia, the lion cubs and other big cat animals list as ‘totally protected.’ People who wish to buy and keep them need special permits, including zoos as well.
- In Thailand, it is not permitted for private ownership of lion cubs now. Except for those who owned them before the 1992-wildlife protection law became effective.
- In Costa Rica, buying lion cubs is only allowed if the owners are registered. Buyers should also be from only a legal wildlife management site.
- In Israel, people can buy lion cubs or any animal species. But should provide the type and location of the cub(s) to their local authority’s veterinarian.
- In Turkey, buying and keeping lion cubs is permitted. The owners are, however, liable for providing the animal’s every need. They are also responsible for other people’s safety and health.
What should I know before making a purchase? Every country’s licensing (validity, areas of the permit) and regulations are different. So you must know your city’s rules and regulations before purchasing a lion cub(s).
How much does a lion cost?
If you’re deciding to purchase a lion cub for sale online, or in person via a trusted breeder, you may be wondering how much it costs to purchase a baby lion cub. Without a clear idea of the breeders history, and their breeding practices, prices could range from as little as $2,000 to $15,000 for a lion cub. One owner of 3 lion cubs put his for sale for $5,000 each in Gaza, so he can afford to feed the rest of his pride. Stories like this is common throughout the world, with many private big cat owners struggling to fund the ownership of their exotic animals, and being forced to sell them at low costs.
On average, you could expect to pay around $5,000 to $10,000 for a lion cub. However, this isn’t the only costs involved. You may be fooled into thinking this is not as expensive as you thought, but this is only the surface cost of owning an exotic animal like a lion cub. There are other fees included with the ownership of these beasts, which include vet bills, large enclosures which are legally required for the health of the animal, and also safety of people around, as it will require secure gating around the enclosure so the animal cannot escape and cause harm to civilians.
Food is another premium cost for these animals, as big cats can consume a lot of meat in one sitting. Making sure you get high quality meat from suppliers is a concern you must face, on a weekly basis to ensure the animal is given a suitable diet. You can have a read of our blog article here where we talk about things such as what do lions eat.
So how much is a lion?
For those asking how much does a baby lion cost to buy, we can expect you to have around $15,000 – $20,000 for a single lion cub which you will need to hand rear and look after in a single year. Costs would go up the more lions you own, as the main costs involved will be veterinary bills and food costs.
White lion cubs for sale
With white-colored soft fur coats, white lion cubs for sale are an exotic breed. The white lion species is scarce. There are less than 300 privately bred and captive white lions worldwide, while only a less number of 13 white lions roam in the wild. Their dwindling small number is one of the reasons why they are even more precious and expensive.
Keep in mind that white lion cubs are not albinos. Due to a particular mutation of the gene, their furs are a lighter color. And unlike albino lions, white lions have normal color eyes. And in areas near their nose and behind their ears, the natural tawny color furs are visible.
One can find white lion cubs for sale in countries like India, Africa, the UK, etc. And most of these sellers are private breeders. Such is the case because getting lion cubs from the wild is next to impossible.
White lion cubs for sale have a maximum life span of 18 years. They are very active and playful. The male cubs can grow up to a height of 4ft and a length of 10ft. The female cubs can grow up to 3.5ft high and 6ft in length.
Being carnivorous, the diet of these cubs will usually consist of bird and mammal meat. However, as a young cub, they will be mostly fed milk and other items mentioned in the manuals.
White lion cubs for sale will generally come with a health guarantee and breeding manual to help the buyer know the dos and don’ts to take care of them. The buyer will also be able to purchase the cubs if they have a license. However, rules and regulations regarding the ownership of exotic animals will differ from nation to nation.
When purchasing exotic animals, it is always vital that you do enough research about the seller. Scams regarding the sale of exotic animals are not new. It is quite common. Therefore, you must do a little homework from your side. But how do you identify a credible seller? How can you tell if the ‘white lion cubs for sale’ advertisement is a scam?
Well, first, you will need to understand that most of these sellers are usually private breeders. The amount of work and finance they put into the breeding procedure is a lot. Therefore, when a seller sells the cubs for an unusually low rate, you can have your suspicions. Do not fall for the low price trap.
Make sure you do enough research about the seller and their breeding techniques. You can make use of public forums dedicated to queries regarding the purchase of exotic animals. Here, you can also learn more about the needs and requirements involved when taking care of the exotic cubs.
Another magnetic element of the white lion cubs for sale advertisements are the images they use. You can use this element to your advantage. Do an image search and try to track the source of the picture. Most fake sellers will use internet images since they don’t have any animals with them in the first place.